Friday, June 29, 2012


Now that I have learned how upload the pictures (:P duh), I can show you a few items from our Summer line available now in our Etsy Store!! We're already fast at work on our 2012-13 Fall /Winter Line. But that's a future blog! Below is a little insight....

Each of Carol's Handbags and Textiles are handcrafted stitch by stitch.Lots of detail and extra features like extra cell phone pockets and hand wrought clasps and charms.We wanted to marry the Textiles and Jewelry in some way, so I designed a few embellishments for her. I made Copper Metal Clay adornments (from my Relic Series), for both my jewelry as well as a few of Carol's Handbag's. The Relic Series is an ongoing collection made to look as if it were found on an Ancient Desert Dig. Weathered,worn, pitted and just plain beaten up for lack of better words,ha ha! And I made a Feather dangle for her "Desert Sisters" bag that has a Rare "Condor Agate" from Argentina. The Feather is made from one piece of Copper Sheet with no soldering.The process is called Fold Forming, a technic developed by the famed metal smith and teacher Charles Lewton-Brain. One day I'll post pic's, so you can see what an awesome process it is! Carol was lucky to get some great Summer cotton & bark cloth fabrics. Alexander Henry designed cloth is fast becoming a favorite! Wait until you see the Winter Fabrics! THey are gorgeous!! So check back often to see her latest creation!!

The Coral Necklace was fun,and a bit of a diversion away from setting a normal cabochon. I fabricated and stamped the giant sterling silver bezel to hang the extremely large Coral Sculpture. I LOVE to make my own beads! The cylinder beads were no exception! I love challenges,especially ones that work! I love to build a pieces from top to bottom. What a great piece to wear with a White Dress!

The other neck piece is made with Extremely Rare "High Lonesome Mine" Turquoise mined out in the 1960's!! I have had my secret stash for many years.The Mine is located in New Mexico...check out the story in the description in the store.The turquoise being a copper complex was a perfect match for the Relic "Copper Metal Clay" coin!! I love the warmth that Copper and Bronzes bring to my designs.Never ending patinas, they are a joy to work with. You will see a lot of mixed metal designs in our work. You can see the items above here: www.turquoiserayn.etsy.com.

Thanks for stopping by today... remember to tell your loved ones you Love them, and give them a big hug! And always remember this... YOU are enough! We'll chat soon! Blessings, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment