Saturday, February 16, 2013


                                           Welcome to Part Four of "A Love Story",

  On Valentine's Day, I shared part of Curt and Cherrie's  Love Story, their wedding.
What a joy to print a real live "Fairy Tail". In a world of trouble and turmoil, there are still
shining examples of love and beauty.

 In this segment, I am wanted you to see the the pendent all the way to the polish. Although, it does not yet have it's patina, and the stone is yet to be set. I have to say, this was a real challenge ! One I have truly enjoyed.

Here are the pictures of the final stages of the pendant . In the next Blog, you will see how I made  hand stamped, hand fabricated bench beads, and chain. But for now, take a peek below.


Here is the leaf. My objective was to turn it into a 3D sculpture.And when I saw the leaf's plain surface, it just didn't add up. Leaves have dimension and texture, this one needed to come to life!
I then used a straight line stamp. Next, annealing the metal so I can conform it to the pendant.

After annealing the leaf to soften the metal and start forming the 3D image, I then have to solder this baby to the pendant. Leaving plenty of room to set the stone later.

And here we have it! It's not pickled yet so the oxidation is still present. But you can see were the stone will slide
under the leaf when ready to set.

I have cleaned it up a bit, and decided the end or tip of the leaf, needed to be curled. It was a bit pointy, and I didn't want Cherrie to catch it on anything.



And here she is! I have given the leaf's edges have a more realistic shape. I made tiny textured impressions, like a leaf's natural surface. And have polished it until it gleams. It will be oxidized a gunmetal finish with lots of light polished highlights,and tumbled for strength when all is said and done. And that my friends, you will see in the end result.


Next time, we'll visit the handmade bench beads and chain...I can't believe we're coming to a close, but I can't wait to see it around Cherrie's neck! See you soon! God Bless, Jen


P.S.... I wanted you all to see my Valentine Gifts I made for my girls....of course when you have as many as I do, You have to add initials !!

No comments:

Post a Comment