Friday, February 8, 2013

Welcome to Part Two of "A Love Story"...

   In the first segment I shared Curt & Cherrie's story,and the initial design process, that started with a Fabulous "Old Stock" Cabochon of Nevada "Blue Boy Mine"Candelaria Turquoise. In Second Segment ,  I start fabricating the metal into 3D! This is where Magic starts to happen.Please take a look!
In order to give the customer an idea of actual size, I make the sketches to scale with the actual stone.
I'm afraid I am probably still living in the dark ages by some jeweler's standards. Today, many use the CAD/CAM
computer program to design, and that's wonderful, but for me, I was a doodler first. As I say in many descriptions...my perfection is my imperfection. Meaning, I like things a bit, shall we say, off. That's where my esthetic and character come into play. I then place tracing paper over the rendering, trace, and then trim.
Then it's Good Old "Elmer's Rubber Cement". I apply it directly on a very clean sheet of Sterling Silver Sheet. When it dries it will keep the drawing in place. Then I  will pierce and saw around the drawing.And now we have a back plate.
I decided to give Curt and Cherrie a gift of my own. On the back I pierced another leaf . A Tree and it's Leaves , are a sign of growth. Cherrie will wear this close to her heart, a secret if you will. Love Grows.



And here we have the bezel sitting on the back plate,ready to be soldered.

I will leave you with the leaf. Cut out, but not yet a 3 dimensional piece...watch for Segment 3 and see it come to life!
Thanks for stopping by today. Check back for the latest installment of "A Love Story" ... and don't forget to look in the store below for new items. Blessings Everyone! Jennifer
www.turquoiserayn.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment